We will look at autoimmune diseases in this blog and next month’s edition. Over the last 10 years, the types of autoimmune dis-eases have increased and the number of carriers are growing.
Autoimmune dis-eases are dis-orders in the immune system that causes it to attack self, because it interprets certain organs, joints, skin and cells as unfamiliar. There are about 100 variations of autoimmune diseases. Here are the ones we know to be common.
The modern world we live in has seen a rise in autoimmune conditions, such as:
• Systematic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a common form of lupus, which can cause dis-ease in any part of the body. Symptoms may include arthritis, fevers, aches, pains, hair loss, neuralgia and chronic fatigue;
• Rheumatoid Arthritis involves inflammation in the joints and is often linked to lupus;
• Antiphospholipid Syndrome affects the immune system and blood when antibodies attack the phospholipid and form blood clots. Symptoms may include uncontrollable bleeding, blood clots in vessels, ischemia, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), miscarriages or strokes;
• Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition caused by inflammation that also affects the joints in the form of arthritis. Symptoms include flaky crusty rashes, dry skin that bleeds and painful joints;
• Crohn’s disease and Colitis are both conditions relating to inflammation in the bowels that affect different parts, Crohn’s can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract (mouth, throat, stomach and intestines or digestive system). Colitis also attacks the colon and rectum. Symptoms include diarrhoea, ulcers, fatigue, cramps, bloating and blood in stools;
• Fibromyalgia causes chronic nerve pain throughout the body in the muscles, tendons or ligaments. Symptoms relate to insomnia, myalgia, damaged nerves and stiffness.
(Other autoimmune diseases will be looked at in the next edition)
Personally. we know many who live with autoimmune conditions and after listening to what events triggered the conditions to be active, unresolved trauma to the mind, body and spirit seem to be a reoccurring issue that trigger the symptoms. For example, broken/destructive relationships, death of a loved one, abandonment issues, stress addiction, little emotional support or negative coping strategies, such as using alcohol or drugs to self- medicate.
The cause of autoimmune conditions may be linked to a variety of environments or external factors such as extremely demanding jobs, chaotic home life, dysfunctional families or relationships, air pollution, exposure to airborne chemicals, infections, negative communication/connections or internal environments, for example, stress addiction, distorted thinking, trauma or failure to process emotions authentically, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as well as using negative coping strategies, such as alcohol or drugs, can have negative impact on health and wellbeing.
Negative energy leads to negative thinking which will manifest in negative body symptoms.
These dis-eases, conditions, dis-orders and symptoms can be debilitating, life threatening, unpredictable, reoccurring and long-term. We advise that you to stay away from toxic, stressful energises that may be internalised and trigger such conditions.
If you are in a functioning condition, try and use positive coping strategies like walking, yoga, exercise, sport, creative outputs (like art, photography, dance or music) as a release from tension in mind, body or spirit.