– Deep, slow belly breathing can stimulate the healthy function of the vagus nerve.
– Dandelion Root can be used as a gentle laxative for constipation.
– Dill and fennel can be used to ease wind, pain, spasm and colic in the gut.
– Ginger is believed to ease pain, wind and bloating and may ease diarrhoea, IBS and after upset stomachs.
– Essential Oils can soothe the mind as well as senses and body. Lavender Frankincense, Chamomile, Fennel Seeds and Rosemary are essential oils that aid the mind as well as the body but need to be used correctly so learn more about each before using them.
– Fermented foods build healthy gut bacteria. Try sauerkraut, fermented vegetables (gherkins, beetroots, radishes) or miso. It’s better to start with small servings to start with, so gut is not overwhelmed and overreacts. Try a teaspoon a day for a week or two, then build up your gut with larger servings.